- brandon and i had a great 2nd christmas together as a married couple. we didn't get to go home (to nc and sc) for the holidays, but we ended up being okay :) after an amazing christmas eve service at river's crossing (500 people! and brandon did a great job), i made a special meal for just the 2 of us on christmas eve consisting of some of each of our favorite holiday dishes. i also made b's favorite, steak. after dinner, we watched my favorite christmas film, how the grinch stole christmas (old and new version). it was a lovely evening!
- christmas morning brandon and i cooked breakfast together, opened gifts, called his family, and video-chatted with mine. later that day we went to see marley and me, and then had dinner at paul and farrah's. although we missed our families, we had a wonderful christmas here in ohio.
- i worked friday and saturday, and rivers crossing didn't have church sunday, so we slept in. my parents, andrew, and gini came sunday. i was soo excited to see them! we had such a good time. we went out to eat at pf changs (yum!), shopped a little, hung out with some friends and extended family, slept in, ate wonderful food (southern cornbread dressing!!), played games, and just relaxed with family. WONDERFUL 3 days =)
- a few of my favorite gifts - a very cool giraffe-print purse and sephora urban decay eyeshadow from b, a chi hairdryer from my parents, a funky orange shirt from brandon's dad, all 3 anne of green gables dvds from brummy and popi. we also got a garmin from brandon's dad - such a cool surprise! brandon and i were very blessed.
- now back to reality. working wednesday, thursday, friday days. back to the long hours, but also to see my precious kiddos at the hospital.
i hope you all had as good of a christmas as we did. i am so blessed beyond measure.