but when i look back at things in my life that have meaning and worth, they all have a common theme - they didn't come at the snap of my fingers. and usually, they weren't things i would have chosen as best for myself at the time with my sometimes short sighted view on life. i could tell story after story ... but i won't bore you with all that. i'll just say, i have to remind myself He knows what is best for me and His timing is perfection.
so i know it's been over a week since i've posted anything, but the truth is, i haven't had much time. i worked 5 out of the last 7 days, and have been so dead tired when i get home that i just eat and head straight to bed. looks like it's going to be another random things post ... :)
- today is my soon-to-be sister in-law's 20th birthday. happy birthday gini! you are so great! so glad you're part of our family!
- i missed the premier of the bachelorette monday night, partly b/c i was so tired after work, and partly b/c the season finale of 24 was on at the same time. i'm sure i'll see every other episode though. i'm not sure why, but i just can't help watching it. i know it's so unrealistic and dumb, but it is addictive.
- did anyone else think the top 13 american idol contestants looked a little scary all dressed in white singing/dancing at the beginning of tonight's show? i did.
- i hope kris wins. and if he does, i'll still like him despite the ridiculously cheesy song he'll have to sing at the end.
- had to code a patient's mom over the weekend at work. craziness. thank god the patient's nurse was in the room at the time, but i'll still be fine if nothing like that ever happens again!
- my patient tried to bite the physical therapist yesterday. um yeah. lol.
- it bugs me to no end when singers on american idol pick up mic stands and haul them around the stage when they sing. so annoying.
- it's finally warm enough to wear tank-tops! this makes me extremely happy. i know my mother in-law feels differently, sorry cathy! last year she wrote this post about all the things she's hates about heat and summertime, lol. love you cathy!
- went to costco today with the hubby. we love that store. you can find anything there! i'll also mention that we ended up eating lunch there for $3 lol
- kris is singing with keith urban! KEITH URBAN! this makes me very happy :)
i'm sorry, i know this was incredibly random and most likely boring. i just feel random tonight, lol. hope you all are having a great week!
Posted by Megan at 20.5.09
brandon is playing on a soccer team starting in a couple of weeks with some church peeps. i went to their practice tonight to watch and relax - obviously i wasn't playing soccer lol. brandon did great though. it was a beautiful day to sit on my georgia blanket in the sun and do one of my favorite things - read. how did you enjoy your day?
Posted by Megan at 12.5.09
i just got finished watching elevation church's sermon from yesterday. i was especially interested, because the pastor's wife, holly furtick, preached. she did an awesome job, and even though i don't know her personally (i do read her blog daily), i consider her a great role model for christian women. go here to watch her sermon from yesterday. you won't be sorry.
Posted by Megan at 11.5.09
10 things i love about my mom (there are more than 10 and these are in no particular order)
- she knows something is wrong even if no one else does - and i never have to tell her, she just knows
- she prays for me every day (and always has)
- she's beautiful - i hope i end up half as pretty as she is when i'm her age
- she treats everyone with equal love and respect
- she's spontaneous and never minds a surprise
- she loves God more than anything
- she doesn't say anything bad about anyone
- she's a great cook
- she is the most godly woman i know - she's my role model for sure
- she is my best friend
happy mother's day mom - i love you!
Posted by Megan at 10.5.09
sorry for the little unintended blog break. i'm back today w/ a very random post ...
yes - my laundry room. you can't tell from the picture, but it has 2 full-size windows too that let in lots of light and breezes. i absolutely love that it is on the 2nd floor too. no more carrying my loads of laundry down 2 flights of stairs into a scary basement or into my kitchen to do my laundry like before. it's great! i love my utility sink too. i guess the best things though are my LG front-load washer and dryer. they are so awesome! i want to paint the walls a fun color. any ideas?
Posted by Megan at 9.5.09
so i'm at work caught up on all my charting, and trying very hard to stay awake. so i figured i'd blog something. not feeling too creative, so this may be just some random thoughts from a sleepy nurse at 0445 am ...
- i have a very cute baby tonight. only 4-months old! i've been getting assigned a lot of babies lately ... it's fun ... :)
- there's a kid down the hallway yelling "it burns! it burns!". not sure what's going on there ... probably just flushing his line or something.
- i tried to sleep today since i got up at 0900 am for church. i may have slept an hour this afternoon; maybe. that means when i get home in the bed this morning, i'll have been up for 24 hrs in a row. that's just not right is it?
- i talked to my parent's yesterday. it was their 15-yr anniversary at the church my dad pastors, and they gave them an awesome gift! in june they are going on an all expense paid trip to egypt, jordan, and israel! how amazing is that!?!
- it made me homesick to hear my grandparents and my brother and his girlfriend in the background. they all went out to eat after church. i so wish i could be close enough to do that.
- my very best friend since we were like 7, called me last week and told me she's pregnant! i'm so excited for her, and even more excited that i'll be in town for brandon's brother zach's wedding a few days from her due date!
- i am in some dire need of caffeine at this moment.
- this is my first of three nights in a row. what a depressing thought ... lol
- good news is, i have the weekend off!
- church this morning was good. paul and farrah came on stage at the end to answer questions sent from the audience via text msg for week 3 of the marriage series. they did a great job.
- brandon had the morning off to observe, so he actually got to sit with me! it was nice.
- okay seriously, i'm a struggling! i cannot stay awake! all i want is my bed ...
so i know that was very random and most likely bored you to tears. i'm sorry. it's hard to be creative at this hour. happy monday!
Posted by Megan at 4.5.09
okay, so i'll post about happy things today ... :)
- i loved the weather today - warm, but cool and breezy at the same time
- brandon and i both had the day off and got to sleep in
- got to work out at the Y
- baked some brownies ... smelled so yummy!
- got to finally watch biggest loser from tuesday (dvr!)
- had our catalyst group tonight at mike and annie's. we had 15 adults and a bunch of kids (i lost count!)
- it was great to hang out with friends.
- ending the day w/ a snack by our fireplace - a good day indeed ... :)
Posted by Megan at 2.5.09