here are some notes from brandon's latest worship talk for our catalyst group he's leading. we listened to a podcast from aaron keys during our week, and then we talked about it at our meeting. here are some highlights i pulled from the discussion:
- worship is the natural expression of what is at the center of our lives. enough said.
- a life lived to the glory of God is the result of a person in love with God.
- we can bring the "right" offerings and perform the "expected" postures of worship, but it can still be unacceptable to God if the rest of our lives are characterized by sin.
- praise means to celebrate, extol, applaud. it is filled with exuberance, excitement and passion for the Lord. it is an upward explosion of energy towards God.
- worship is different. it is the downward, reverent submission to God. it is our humble recognition our holy God.
- He loves both our praise and our worship. he doesn't need it, but He delights in it.