- worship delights our Father - he doesn't need it, but he delights in it. when we're in praise, we're fulfilling the very purpose for our creation. we're doing what we're made to do.
- worship develops our family - at the foot of the cross we can put aside our differences and celebrater the common bond we have in Christ.
- worship defeats our foe - worship is like fingernails on a blackboard. he just can't stand to be around it.
- worship declares our faith - in acts 2 there were 120 people worshiping the Lord, and 3,000 were saved that day. the power of praise.
- worship dethrones our flesh - you become like whatever you worship. who we spend time with is who we'll find ourselves becoming more like.
- worship can also destroy our first love - the key isn't to work on worship; the key is to get to know Jesus better, and worship will naturally follow. the more commitment there is, the more expression there will be.
brandon is leading a 6-week catalyst group for our church on sunday nights. the topic - worship. these are notes from last week's talk. it was really great.
Posted by Megan at 10.10.10