* i am now officially nervous every time B goes out to cycle. this past saturday morning he was in a wreck (with another cyclist, not B's fault), which led to an early morning call waking me up to come get him and take him to urgent care (scared me!). after some x-rays (nothing is broken) and some pain meds and muscle relaxers (he landed on his shoulder and hurt his neck/back), he's been resting up with ice packs all weekend. thank goodness he's legit and was wearing his jersey, the right shorts, arm cover things (not sure of the right name) and most importantly a helmet. it could have been much worse. he's also had crazy auto drivers honk at him, flip him off and dangerously speed around him on blind curves ... eek! when he's only doing what's perfectly legal. so please remember if you come up behind a cyclist, they are someone's husband! or wife etc. and be respectful and careful for goodness sakes!
* yesterday we kicked of what will be our biggest, most exciting series at church thus far in our 3+ year existance - bold faith! there are HUGE things to come for rivers crossing, and B and I as so blessed to be a part of it. go check our website for more info - www.riverscrossing.com
* work is going well, i've been working extra (we're in pay-off mode) and loving it. i feel so blessed to work at a job i love, with kids i adore that truly matters and makes a difference in the lives of people battling something no one ever should have to - cancer. check out this video of one the inspiring children i get to take care of. they are just amazing.
* i'm getting excited about my upcoming trip to Cali for the annual APHON (association pediatric hematology/oncology nurses) conference. it's less than a mile from disney land, so we may have to pay them a visit :)
* the weather has been perfect lately - sunny, clear, not-humid, low 80s. i'm loving it, but also feeling a little sad summer is almost over. i love fall, but not winter ...
hope you all are having a wonderful start to your week! here's one of my favorite verses to help get your week going ...
and we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way, bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.
- Col. 1:10
- Col. 1:10